The 10 Most Expensive Hotel Suites in the World
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- For many of us, planning a vacation involves scrimping and saving in order to manage just a few days laying on a beach or traveling in a foreign country. We work all year long to afford those fleeting moments of pure bliss while soaking up the sun, or enjoying the new and delicious cuisines offered by other cultures.
Sooner or later our bubble bursts and we realize that we have to return to reality and begin the process of longing for our next trip all over again.
Some people however don't live in a world where saving for a five-star trip is a necessity. We usually read about these people on gossip sites, or on lists of the world's most wealthy individuals.
It can often be fun to read about the lives of the rich and famous, wondering what it would be like to drop everything for a spontaneous trip to a private island resort, and asking yourself what does a hotel room offer that would make it worth $67,000 per night?A snippet from the American classic Little Women by Louisa May Alcott reads: "'What shall you do on your vacation?' asked Amy. 'I shall lie abed and do nothing, replied Meg'." Well, if you are looking for a vacation spot where laying around and doing nothing in your hotel room would be perfectly acceptable, take a look at the following list of most expensive hotel suites in the world.
10. The Apartment at the Connaught Hotel in London, England. The average price per night is $23,500. The penthouse was designed by the late David Collins and features a living room which houses a collection of specially made furniture, limited edition books, and a selection of unique antiques, says Billionaire.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts