NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When I highlighted BlackBerry's (BBRY) improving fundamentals yesterday in "BlackBerry Financials Continue to Improve; Shorts Run for Cover," I focused on Asia-Pacific handset sales and several key numbers I found material in the company's earnings release.
I didn't dedicate enough time on the man who is leading the ship out of the fog: CEO John Chen.
It's old news that BlackBerry was king of smartphones before Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Google's (GOOG) Android-based devices hobbled the company. As an investor considering the bull thesis, understanding why Apple, Google, Samsung (SSNLF), and others displaced BlackBerry is paramount to fully appreciate BlackBerry's potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV