I think, given the recent 25% move, we're into a new period of consolidation for Apple. This most recent move has been driven more than anything by the stock split news. You can say the market isn't being rational, but sometimes these things happen. People wanted to own this stock ahead of the split date, for whatever reason.
If history is a guide, this quick ascent of Apple won't continue. We've hit a plateau here. It's time to pause and wait for the next wave of news that will move the stock, either up or down. I think that's going to be sales info on the actual iPhones and new iWatches.
If I'm right and both are hungrily bought up by the Apple army of fans, I see Apple moving well beyond its all-time highs by the end of the year. But until then, this stock snoozes.
At the time of publication, Jackson had no positions in stocks mentioned.Biotech Stock Mailbag: Zafgen, Bluebird, Mannkind Is American Apparel Fit for a Buyer? Follow @ericjackson This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV