ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- VirtualScopics, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSCP), a leading provider of clinical trial imaging solutions, today announced that Charles E. Phelps, Ph.D., 71, has been named chairman of the company's Board of Directors. Dr. Phelps has served as a director of the company since December 2005.
Dr. Phelps, University Professor and Provost Emeritus at the University of Rochester, retired from the position of provost of the University of Rochester in July 2007, a position he had held since 1994. Prior to that, Dr. Phelps was the chair of the Department of Community and Preventive Medicine—now the Department of Public Health Sciences--in the University of Rochester's School of Medicine and Dentistry, and Director of the University's Public Policy Analysis Program. Before joining the University of Rochester in 1984, Dr. Phelps was Senior Staff Economist at the RAND Corporation. Dr. Phelps has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Pomona College, an MBA in hospital administration from the University of Chicago, and a Ph.D. in business economics from the University of Chicago.
Dr. Phelps was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences in 1991, and in the same year, as Fellow of the National Bureau of Economic Research. He is widely regarded as a leading figure in the field of health economics. He has also testified before the U.S. Congress on three occasions regarding reform of U.S. patent and other intellectual property law on behalf of the Association of American Universities (AAU) and the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC).
Dr. Phelps has previously served on the Board of Directors of Reflex Security, Inc.; the Center for Research Libraries; and the Council for Library and Information Resources, including Board Chair for two years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV