ArQule (ARQL), a clinical-stage biotechnology company, researches and develops cancer therapeutics. This stock closed up 3.4% to $1.49 in Thursday's trading session.
Thursday's Range: $1.44-$1.54
52-Week Range: $1.29-$2.94
Thursday's Volume: 908,000
Three-Month Average Volume: 567,811
From a technical perspective, ARQL jumped higher here right above some near-term support at $1.40 with above-average volume. This move briefly pushed shares of ARQL back above its 50-day moving average of $1.53, before the stock closed just below that level at $1.49. This move is starting to push shares of ARQL within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if ARQL manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $1.54 to $1.60 with high volume.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ARQL as long as it's trending above some near-term support levels at $1.40 or at $1.35 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 567,811 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then ARQL will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.66 to $1.78, or even $1.90 to $2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV