WASHINGTON, June 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocwen Financial Corporation (NYSE:OCN), one of the nation's largest mortgage servicers, today hosted its fifth Annual Housing Advocacy and Policy Forum. The event brought together key stakeholders in America's housing debate to exchange perspectives on important issues related to homeownership and mortgage finance in the context of an evolving market and regulatory environment. Attendees included senior officials from housing advocacy and policy groups, the mortgage industry and several federal government agencies.
The Treasury Department's Chief of Homeownership Preservation Mark McArdle delivered a speech about ongoing federal efforts to assist homeowners who continue to struggle in the aftermath of the housing crisis. In addition, representatives from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and Department of Housing and Urban Development addressed a variety of issues including the emerging regulatory landscape and new counseling initiatives to assist homeowners.
The event also featured panel discussions focused on:
- The impact of the Qualified Mortgage rule on the housing market and how changes at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could affect access to credit.
- Innovative strategies to rehabilitate blighted communities through partnerships with land banks and nonprofit organizations.
- Center for Responsible Lending
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Housing Partnership Network
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Community Stabilization Trust
- National Housing Conference
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV