NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today announced that John Donahoe has been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors.
Donahoe, 54, is President and Chief Executive Officer of eBay Inc., provider of the global eBay.com online marketplace and PayPal digital payments platform.
“John’s executive management experience in digital commerce, technology, strategic planning, and marketing for a global brand makes him an excellent addition to our board,” said Philip H. Knight, NIKE co-founder and chairman. “We look forward to his contributions to expand NIKE's position as the world’s leading athletic brand and industry innovator.”
Donahoe joined eBay in 2005 as President of eBay Marketplaces, responsible for eBay’s global e-commerce businesses, and was appointed President and CEO in 2008. He has also served on the eBay board of directors since 2008. Prior to joining eBay, he was the CEO and Worldwide Managing Director of Bain & Company from 1999 to 2005, and a Managing Director from 1982 to 1999. Donahoe also serves on the Board of Directors of Intel Corporation and is a Member of the President’s Export Council.ABOUT NIKE NIKE, Inc., based near Beaverton, Ore., is the world’s leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Wholly-owned NIKE subsidiaries include Converse Inc., which designs, markets and distributes athletic lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories, and Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes surf and youth lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit nikeinc.com and follow @Nike.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV