NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- United Technologies (UTX - Get Report) has reiterated its guidance for full-year 2014 earnings between $6.65 and $6.85 a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast earnings of $6.85 a share.
Shares are little changed over Thursday's session, gaining 0.24% to $117.51.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, UTX's share price has jumped by 26.07%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 92.36% to $1,335.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 44.08%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that UTX's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.70, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP's earnings per share declined by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.22 versus $5.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.85 versus $6.22).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UTX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts