NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citigroup raised its price target on shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) from $648 to $793, according to TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio.
On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash," he explained that the company's 17% comparable-store sales is "remarkable," and the stock deserves the highest valuation in its industry.
"If you like Chipotle," Cramer said, play Chipotle by being long the stock. Don't look for substitutes.Cramer suggested investors use caution when jumping into a stock like El Pollo Loco (LOCO), even though it has acted well since its IPO last week. However, the stock's not necessarily cheaper than Chipotle, based on valuation, Cramer concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Read More: El Pollo Loco Stock Surges 60% on IPO, but Is It a Buy?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV