NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- While Apple's (AAPL) stock grew hugely from 2003 to 2011, Microsoft (MSFT) continued to bumble its way through a mire of missed reinvention opportunities, bad CEO decisions, attempts to derail the dominance of Google (GOOG), Amazon (AMZN) and Apple, and acquisitions that either made no sense or that were put on a shelf and forgotten.
Can Microsoft learn from this story and reinvent itself? Let's consider the technicals and the fundamentals of the question.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV