WHAT'S NEW: Monster could benefit from several factors, including accelerating energy beverage trends and strong overseas sales opportunities that are being undervalued by the market, according to Wells Fargo, which initiated coverage of the stock with an Outperform rating. Additionally, the beverage maker has multiple upcoming new products that should boost its revenue and an attractive valuation, Wells believes. The firm set a $79-$81 price target range on the stock. Similarly, research firm BTIG initiated coverage of Monster with a Buy rating, saying the market is overly pessimistic about the outlook of the energy drink sector as well as the company's overseas sales. Additionally, the firm believes that the stock is reflecting too much concern about increased regulation of energy drinks. BTIG sees very little chance that regulators will take any action beyond placing warning labels on energy drinks. It set a $90 price target on the shares.
WHAT'S NOTABLE: On June 3, BMO Capital wrote that it had more confidence in Monster's ability to maintain its growth momentum in the U.S. and strengthen its international financial results. The firm reiterated a $77 price target and Outperform rating on the stock at that time.
PRICE ACTION: In early afternoon trading, Monster climbed about 1.5% to $72.40.
Reporting by Larry Ramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV