Best 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: BKCC, MARPS, CRT
While plenty of high-yield opportunities exist, investors must always consider the safety of their dividend and the total return potential of their investment. It is not uncommon for a struggling company to suspend high-yielding dividends which could subsequently result in precipitous share price declines.
TheStreet Ratings' stock rating model views dividends favorably, but not so much that other factors are disregarded. Our model gauges the relationship between risk and reward in several ways, including: the pricing drawdown as compared to potential profit volatility, i.e. how much one is willing to risk in order to earn profits?; the level of acceptable volatility for highly performing stocks; the current valuation as compared to projected earnings growth; and the financial strength of the underlying company as compared to its stock's valuation as compared to its stock's performance.
These and many more derived observations are then combined, ranked, weighted, and scenario-tested to create a more complete analysis. The result is a systematic and disciplined method of selecting stocks. As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel — rather, use them as a starting point for your own research.
The following pages contain our analysis of 3 stocks with substantial yields, that ultimately, we have rated "Buy." BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: BKCC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.50%. BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation is a private equity firm specializing in investments in middle market companies. The firm invests in all industries. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.12. The average volume for BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation has been 722,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation has a market cap of $660.7 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 5.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 59.66%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 77.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $52.83 million or 6.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.73%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 25.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.20 versus $0.78 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 31.1% in earnings ($0.83 versus $1.20).
- You can view the full BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.