DALLAS, June 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's fastest and lowest power baseband receiver analog front end (AFE) for ADAS applications. The 4-channel AFE5401-Q1 is designed for the next generation of automotive radar applications where space constraints and increasing radar performance are driving a need for greater bandwidth, high integration and low power.
Delivering twice the sampling rate and bandwidth spectrum of existing solutions, the AFE5401-Q1 enables quick position and speed discrimination of even the fastest moving scenes. It also requires 30 percent less power and 20 percent less board space enabling a small device for optimal in-car installation. For more information on AFE5401-Q1, visit www.ti.com/afe5401-pr.
Features and benefits of AFE5401-Q1:
- Intelligent detection: 4 separate channels are simultaneously monitored by the device to determine the exact direction of the incoming radar signal. This allows the automotive radar system to make smart decisions about where an object is located, if it is moving and how soon a response needs to occur.
- Best-in-class position and speed discrimination: 25-MSPS-per-channel sampling speed enables automotive radar designers to implement industry-leading position and speed detection of fast-moving targets.
- Low power, higher performance: At only 65 mW per channel, the AFE5401-Q1 provides the lowest power per receive channel and enables more radar receive channels per system without increasing power budget.
- Smaller size: 20 percent reduction in package size, compared to competing devices, plus a seamless interface to digital signal processors can result in a smaller total system form factor.
Tools and supportThe AFE5401-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) is available today for a suggested retail price of US$599. It comes with an EVM user guide and IBIS model that enables designers to evaluate AFE5401-Q1 system performance. Support is available on the Imaging AFEs forum or the Automotive Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts. Complementary system solutions Engineers can develop a robust automotive radar system by combining the AFE5401-Q1 with TI's C2000™ and TMS570 MCUs, TDAx ADAS SoC processors, power solutions and sensor interfaces.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts