NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jabil Circuit
(JBL - Get Report) shares are up 1.8% to $20.46 on Thursday after the company posted narrower than expected losses during the third quarter earnings period.
The contract electronics supplier reported revenue of $3.8 billion, beating analysts expectations of $3.6 billion, while also reporting a net loss of 6 cents per share, beating analysts expectations of a net loss of 9 cents per share for the quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Despite the earnings beat, analysts at Citigroup
(C - Get Report) are skeptical of the company's full year guidance due to one of its main contractor's -- Apple
(AAPL) -- plan to diversify its supplier base.
The firm raised the company's price target to $16.50 from $15 while also maintaining its "sell" rating on the stock.
TheStreet Ratings team rates JABIL CIRCUIT INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate JABIL CIRCUIT INC (JBL) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JBL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for JABIL CIRCUIT INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.18%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.08% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $16.91 million or 89.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JBL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts