NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sterne Agee upgraded Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) to "buy" from "neutral" and set a $43 price target. The firm said changes to the company's unprofitable Tulsa programs will result in a higher stock price.
The stock closed at $33.90 on Wednesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 87.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 54.61% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although SPR had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS swung to a loss, reporting -$4.40 versus $0.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.89 versus -$4.40).
- The gross profit margin for SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS is rather low; currently it is at 17.56%. Regardless of SPR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SPR's net profit margin of 8.88% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS HOLDINGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SPR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV