SALT LAKE CITY, June 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Diamond, Inc. (Nasdaq:BDE) (the "Company" or "Black Diamond"), a leading global supplier of innovative active outdoor performance equipment and apparel, has signed a definitive asset purchase agreement to sell its Gregory Mountain Products, LLC ("Gregory") brand for $85 million to Samsonite LLC. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and expected to close in late July 2014.
For the twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2012 and 2013, Gregory recorded total sales of $30.6 million and $34.9 million, respectively.
"The Gregory sale is an important part of a strategic pivot that we initiated last fall to re-focus investment away from strategic acquisitions and into our core and fastest growing brands," said Peter Metcalf, president and CEO of Black Diamond. "We plan to use a portion of the proceeds to repay our existing indebtedness with Zions Bank and to reinvest the remaining net proceeds from this transaction into the long-term development of Black Diamond and POC."The Company expects to realize net proceeds of approximately $69.2 million after fees, expenses and taxes. The Company had approximately $26.7 million of outstanding debt under its credit facility with Zions Bank as of March 31, 2014 which it expects to repay upon the closing of the transaction. Metcalf continued: "The balance of 2014 is expected to be a transition period as we remove Gregory from the Black Diamond operating platform and complete the remaining initiatives related to our strategic pivot. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our employees and partners for their hard work and support in helping to build Gregory into a global leader in the outdoor segment. We are proud of the strong reputation that Gregory has established and maintained over the nearly 40 years of its history, and are excited by its bright future under Samsonite's ownership."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV