NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TransCanada Corp. (USA) (TRP - Get Report) are up 0.72% to $47.50 in pre-market trade as the growing crisis in Iraq refocuses the debate over U.S. energy policy, as supporters of the Keystone XL pipeline say the project has to move forward, according to CNBC.
The company's $5.3 billion pipeline has been delayed for six years.
Yesterday, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources committee voted 12-10 to move a bill forward that would force the pipeline's approval.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $979.00 million or 38.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.38%.
- 43.34% is the gross profit margin for TRANSCANADA CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRP's net profit margin of 15.08% compares favorably to the industry average.
- TRANSCANADA CORP's earnings per share declined by 7.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSCANADA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.42 versus $1.84 in the prior year.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 5.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $461.00 million to $435.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRP Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts