- Integrated analog control peripherals to improve system efficiency and reduce bill of materials cost, including 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC), 14 enhanced pulse-width-modulation (PWM) channels with fault management, seven windowed analog comparators with 10-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs), dual zero-pin oscillators, voltage regulator, up to four programmable gain amplifiers (PGAs) and 3 fixed-gain amplifiers, and 32-bit enhanced input capture module (eCAP) and enhanced quadrature encoder pulse (eQEP) for rotor sensor interface.
- Eliminate motion control challenges in traditional motor systems with on-chip InstaSPIN-MOTION motor control technology, which provides expertise on-chip and removes the need for inefficient, older design techniques.
- Leverage InstaSPIN-MOTION SpinTAC™ components embedded on the ROM of the C2000 F2805x MCUs to:
- IDENTIFY: Ensure optimum tracking and disturbance rejection, working with the real inertia of the system.
- CONTROL: Minimize effort and reduce complexity with single coefficient tuning. Rapidly test and tune velocity control from soft to stiff response, defining a controller gain that typically works across the entire variable speed and load range of an application. Actively estimate and cancel system disturbances in real time, providing maximum performance.
- MOVE: Produce an automatically optimized motion profile based on start velocity, target velocity and system limitations for acceleration, jerk and motion trajectory type.
- PLAN: Quickly build various states of motion (speed A to speed B) and tie them together with state-based logic.
- Achieve sensorless torque or velocity control with the FAST™ algorithm-based sensorless control, as well as InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION projects.
- C28x CPU running at 60 MHz with embedded memory for more storage, including up to 128 KB Flash and up to 20 KB SRAM. Boot ROM and 128-bit security key on protected zones for both Flash and ROM ensure code security for entire device or mixed-source software development.
- On-chip communication interfaces, such as an SPI module, I2C bus, CAN 2.0 and three SCI/UART modules improve connectivity for real-time communications.
- Evaluate quickly and easily using the compatible C2000 F28054M controlCARD motor control library through the MotorWare™ software infrastructure, which offers the latest in C object-oriented and API-based coding techniques and lab-based projects and documentation.
- Pair with DRV8312 for a complete three-phase, brushless DC motor and motion control solution.
TI Expands Portfolio Of Motor Control Solutions: C2000™ Piccolo™ F2805x MCUs With InstaSPIN-FOC™ And MOTION
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.