STRATFORD, Conn., June 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. welcomed the signing of a contract amendment today with the government of Canada to bring the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program to completion and accelerate the CH148 Cyclone helicopter's entry into operational service. The amended contract enables Canada's Department of National Defence to take delivery of operationally relevant CH148 Cyclone helicopters, and to begin retiring the current SEA KING™ helicopter fleet, in 2015.
"This agreement clears the way for us to deliver the world's most advanced maritime helicopter capability to the Royal Canadian Air Force," said Mick Maurer, president of Sikorsky. "We thank the government for its shared commitment to work through the issues that had delayed the program."
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. It is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), which is based in Hartford, Connecticut, and provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning opportunities for development, production and sale of helicopters. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to changes in government procurement policies; changes in the type and number of aircraft required; challenges in the design, development, production and support of advanced technologies; as well as other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.Follow Us on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20060403/SIKORSKYLOGO SOURCE Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV