The 10 Richest Soccer Players Of The 2014 World Cup
The 2014 FIFA World Cup is in full swing. Teams from 32 nations are competing in the games which are held in 12 host cities during the qualifying rounds.
TheStreet.com took a close look at the Top 10 soccer players with the highest net worth using data from Wealth-X.
Their wealth ranges from $50 million to $230 million.
England has the most players on the list, while the U.S. failed to make the cut.
Brazil, the 2014 host country, also failed to place a player in the top 10 although it's worth noting that its star player, known as 'Neymar,' has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Here are the rankings:
10. Gianluigi Buffon
Net Worth: $50 million
Italy's Gianluigi Buffon is the only goalkeeper on the list which primarily consists of midfielders or strikers.
Born in Carrara, Italy, Gianluigi Buffon began playing football as part of the Parma Youth League in the early 1990s.
He is widely considered to be one of the most dominant and successful goalkeepers in the history of the game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV