The chipmaker reported a loss of -6 cents a share, beating the Capital IQ Consensus of a loss of -8 cents a share by -2 cents. Revenue fell -15% from the year-ago quarter to $3.8 billion, beating analysts' expectations of $3.6 billion.
"Our third fiscal quarter performed largely as planned and is highlighted by a strong balance sheet performance, driven by significant cash flow from operations and a total cash position of $1.3 billion," Jabil CFO Forbes Alexander said in a press release.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates JABIL CIRCUIT INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JABIL CIRCUIT INC (JBL) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JBL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for JABIL CIRCUIT INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.18%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.08% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $16.91 million or 89.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JBL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV