NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "I continue to be amazed," by GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH), TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said on CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment.
The company produces the only pure marijuana treatment not laced with other drugs or chemicals, Cramer reasoned.
He added that the alternative treatments and side effects for epilepsy are "awful," with the exception of GW Pharmaceuticals' treatment.
It could possibly be used for autism and migraines, he added. The England-based company is working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which likely wants cannabinoid treatments to be legal, Cramer suggested. Eventually, even oxycodone could be replaced with cannabinoid treatments.Cramer concluded that he's surprised no other company has tried to take over GW Pharmaceuticals, which is higher by 8% today following a price target increase to $147 from $97 at Piper Jaffray. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell On the Rebound: Detroit Draws Real Estate Investors, Corporate Interest How to Recession-Proof Your Portfolio With These 5 Dividend Aristocrats Apple iPhone Ad Sets Tone for Smart Home Products in the Pipeline Carlos Slim Ends Ties to AT&T With America Movil Stake Buy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV