NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, responded to Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen. In a Congressional hearing on Tuesday, Yellen called small-cap biotechnology stocks and small-cap social media stocks overvalued.
On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, he suggested that Yellen should have Regulation T levels raised if she believes there's too much speculation. The move would crimp down the amount of leverage given to investors.
"I don't think there is [too much leverage]. I think people have a right to speculate with some of their money," Cramer argued, "and they have a right to lose money."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV