NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of L'Oreal SA (LRLCY) are up slightly, 0.38% to $34.60 on heavy trading volume, after the French cosmetics firm announced that it's acquiring Los Angeles-based NYX Cosmetics, increasing its number of U.S. brands.
Sales of NYX were $93 million for the year ended in May, up 57% over the comparable year-over-year period.
The sale price was not disclosed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV