Treehouse, Washington State’s leading nonprofit organization addressing the essential education and enrichment needs of kids in foster care, today received $5,000 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards from Rent-A-Center.
The gift cards are tied to a philanthropic initiative dubbed “Random Acts of Caring.” Launched in 2008, the Rent-A-Center initiative provides unexpected donations of merchandise, funding or gift cards to deserving nonprofits across the country.
“We are thrilled that Rent-A-Center is partnering with us to ensure that youth in foster care have access to the essentials that all kids need to feel good and fit in,” said Treehouse Chief Executive Officer Janis Avery upon learning of the donation. “Thank you for this generous gift which will help the Wearhouse to continue to provide our community’s youth in care with more than 100,000 items every year.”
“We selected Treehouse in recognition of the organization’s efforts in meeting the needs and improving the lives of children in foster care,” said Xavier Dominicis, Rent-A-Center’s vice president of public affairs. “Today marks the 98th Random Act of Caring undertaken since Rent-A-Center launched this initiative to support the communities it serves.”The gift cards will be used to meet the ongoing needs of The Treehouse Wearhouse, a free store where youth and their caregivers can shop for new and like-new clothing, shoes, school supplies, toys, books and other essentials. About Rent-A-Center Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ:RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 20,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV