DALLAS, June 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) Incorporated published its eighth-annual Corporate Citizenship Report (CCR) today, outlining the company's social and environmental performance for 2013. The report is available online at www.ti.com/ccr.
"We're in the business of engineering a better tomorrow. It starts with understanding the world's greatest challenges. Then we go to work; designing and manufacturing the right game-changing solutions – in a responsible way," said Rich Templeton, TI Chairman, President and CEO, in the report's opening letter.
Highlights of TI's 2013 performance include:
- Continued developing technologies to help solve some of the world's most pressing challenges and were recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator.
- Assessed the environmental and social programs of 90 percent of major suppliers to better understand their current practices and drive compliance.
- Implemented 131 energy- and water-efficiency projects, resulting in annualized savings of $10.2 million.
- Recycled 29 percent of the water consumed and 92 percent of waste generated.
- Granted $27.9 million to local community organizations through TI, the TI Foundation and the TI Community Fund. Employees also gave $5.7 million.
- Enabled employees to donate 61,000 hours of their time to community organizations – a 30 percent increase – valued at almost $1.4 million.
"The value of social responsibility was instilled by TI's founders decades ago and is one of the reasons TI continues to thrive today," said Trisha Cunningham, TI's chief citizenship officer. "We report on our progress to maintain our legacy as a responsible company – a choice supplier among customers and a good neighbor in the communities where we operate."The complete report addresses seven areas of operations:
- Company operations
- Product stewardship
- Environmental responsibility
- Employee well-being
- Community commitment
- Responsible advocacy
- Corporate governance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV