NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Fiat S.p.A. (FIATY) are lower by 0.19% to $10.33 after it was reported that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened two investigations into Chrysler Group vehicles involving possibly faulty ignition switches that can be bumped out of the "run" position, disabling airbags in the event of a crash, Reuters reports.
The issue is similar to recalls by General Motors Co. (GM) faulty ignition switches, although no deaths or injuries but one crash are linked to the ignition switch issue suspected in about 1.25 million vehicles covering five Chrysler Group models involved in these investigation, Reuters noted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV