NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Swisher Hygiene, Inc.
(SWSH) are up 7.92% to $3.47 after it announced that it received a letter from NASDAQ that said it has regained compliance with a listing rule requiring the company to maintain a minimum closing bid price of $1.00 per share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Swisher Hygiene shares had been trading below $1.00 per share until its one-for-ten reverse stock split was issued and became effective at on June 3.
TheStreet Ratings team rates SWISHER HYGIENE INC as a Sell with a ratings score of E+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SWISHER HYGIENE INC (SWSH) a SELL. This is based on a variety of negative investment measures, which should drive this stock to significantly underperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, SWISHER HYGIENE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SWSH's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 65.17%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 20.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$17.24 million to -$13.79 million.
- SWSH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SWISHER HYGIENE INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.84%. Regardless of SWSH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SWSH's net profit margin of -28.55% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SWSH Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.