Arikayce treats adults with nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lung disease who are treatment refractory. The FDA's designation should accelerate Arikayce's development and review. The FDA based its designation on positive data from the company's Phase 2 clinical trial, as well as an unfulfilled need for NTM lung disease treatments.
Insmed now plans to meet with the FDA to talk about the regulatory pathway for Arikayce, which is also being tested as a possible treatment for pseudomonas lung infections patients with cystic fibrosis and non-cystic fibrosis.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The stock was up 39.43% to $17.38 at 11:49 a.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV