-3D Systems, The Coca-Cola Company and will.i.am partner to provide more than 1,500 EKOCYCLE TM Cube ® 3D printers to FIRST ® Robotics and Tech Challenge teams
-Enables U.S. Department of Education and SME's M.Lab 21 shop class "make over" with its 3D printing technology
-Partners with The Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellows to bring 3D printing into K-8 educationROCK HILL, S.C., June 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced several key partnership commitments that extends its Make.Digital initiative to democratize digital craftsmanship at the first-ever White House Maker Faire. Hosted by President Obama, the White House Maker Faire will bring together students, entrepreneurs and everyday citizens who are using digital fabrication tools to launch new businesses, learn vital skills in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and fuel the renaissance in American manufacturing. Through its Make.Digital initiative, 3DS is making several commitments to support the White House Maker Faire and its mission to provide more Americans with access to STEM learning tools and curriculum:
- 3DS, The Coca-Cola Company, and will.i.am are announcing a partnership to provide more than 1,500 EKOCYCLE TM Cube ® 3D printers to FIRST ®. The donation is valued at more than $1.5 million and is part of a drive to provide FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge teams – which include more than 125,000 students in middle schools and high schools across the U.S. – with access to an EKOCYCLE Cube 3D printer using post-consumer recycled plastic in its printer cartridges. will.i.am, award-winning music artist, entrepreneur, 3DS Chief Creative Officer and EKOCYCLE co-founder, and Avi Reichental, President and CEO, 3DS, will attend the White House Maker Faire to announce the commitment to FIRST and to showcase the innovations of the Hardin Valley Academy FIRST RoHAWKtics Team 3824, who created a fully 3D printed robot, "The Big Ball Shooter". Link here to a video on this commitment to FIRST.
- 3DS is working in collaboration with The Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellows, serving at the National Science Foundation, Department of Energy and NASA, to design new curriculum and tools for teachers to bring 3D printing into K-8 education, turning classrooms into a mini-Maker laboratory while aligning with latest from the Next Generation Science Standards. Fifteen master teachers are developing Making curriculum to support the new science standards with hands-on, project-based learning.
- 3DS is supporting the U.S. Department of Education's "Career and Technical Education Make Over Challenge" across community colleges and high schools around the country to bring shop class into the 21 st century. In partnership with the SME 3DS will kick off the drive to install M.Lab21 "starter kits" at more than 200 high schools across the country, providing access to the latest 3D scanning, design, and manufacturing tools and an online curriculum portal for teachers and other industry partners.
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV