2. Now let's look at Medidata Solutions, which produces cloud-based clinical development solutions for life sciences in the U.S. and internationally.
Medidata traded positive on Tuesday, closing up 3.69% to $41.17 per share.
- Tuesday's range: $39.85 - $41.58
- 52-week range: $32.10 - $68.21
- Tuesday's volume: 734,850
- 3-month average volume: 1,054,850
Medidata is a rounded bottom breakout -- a chart pattern that keeps on giving. The rounded bottom breakout keeps trading down, forming a bottom, testing that bottom, then trading above the bottom levels that were previously formed. Then, the price action moves over the 50-day simple moving average, triggering my interest.
With this chart, shares traded down, formed a bottom, rose above those levels and consolidated. Now price action has closed above the consolidation levels and the 50-day simple moving average.This trade needs to see a little follow-through today, but it is in a clear uptrend from from a short-term viewpoint. I'd look for an entry above the 50-day simple moving average at $40.34. I'd set a stop below Monday's low of $38.67. I'd ultimately target the 200-day simple moving average, which is at $52.53. Trading to the 200 SMA would be a 27% trade to the upside. You could also just trade to one of the near-term resistance levels of, say, $47.80 for 15% to the upside. Great potential in this chart! Stay long until you see a confirmed sell signal or a close below the t-line. 3. Lastly, let's look at Twitter, the global platform for narcissistic instant self-expression. Twitter traded down a penny on Tuesday, closing at $38.02 per share.
- Tuesday's range: $37.30 - $38.55
- 52-week range: $29.51 - $74.73
- Tuesday's volume: 30,136,891
- 3-month average volume: 23,684,600
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV