BROOKINGS, S.D., June 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As Padres fans returned to Petco Park in San Diego, Calif., this spring to cheer on their team, they experienced a new SMD (surface mount device) LED video display that was designed, manufactured and installed by Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D. Fans also received an earful as Daktronics enhanced the Padres audio distribution system by adding and replacing 226 speakers throughout the facility.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25953
"As we celebrate 10 years of Petco Park this season, our ownership group has committed to a multi-year plan to make major upgrades and improvements that will ensure this ballpark remains one of the best venues in professional sports," said Padres SVP/Chief Marketing Officer Wayne Partello. "The new Sony/Daktronics video board at Park at the Park and the overhauled sound system throughout the ballpark were two of the first major projects in this plan, and we could not be happier with the results. We know this technology has greatly improved the fan experience at Petco Park because we've heard it directly from our fans."The video display is located directly outside of center field and faces the grassy area known as the Park at the Park, a different seating option for all ages of Padres fans that simulates taking a family trip to a local park. This display features 10 millimeter line spacing and measures approximately 17 feet high by 29 feet wide to provide crisp, clear imagery. It will keep fans at the Park at the Park up to date on all of the action with live video, replays, stats and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV