HOUSTON, June 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CATM), the world's largest retail ATM owner, today announced its Allpoint surcharge-free ATM network will begin offering deposit-taking capabilities at more than 2,500 of its domestic ATMs nationwide by the end of the year.
The new functionality will enable cardholders at participating financial institutions to deposit checks and cash directly into select ATMs without using envelopes or deposit slips. With this addition, the surcharge-free Allpoint ATM network will facilitate both cash-in and cash-out transactions – enabling consumers to manage even more of their banking needs at convenient retail locations.
Bill Knoll, executive vice president, Financial Institutions Products Group, Cardtronics, said:"Allpoint's surcharge-free ATMs, fixtures in many of America's most well-known retailers, have always enabled financial institutions to offer their cardholders the convenience of an expanded ATM network without sending their customers to competing financial institution branch locations. With the introduction of this deposit capability, Allpoint adds even more value to these surcharge-free ATMs, meeting consumers in retail stores that are part of their daily routine." How it works Once the capability is rolled out, cardholders from participating financial institutions who insert their cards at deposit-taking Allpoint machines will be given a deposit option on the initial menu. After inserting a check for deposit, cardholders will be able to view an image of it on the screen. The ATM will also print the check image on the receipt. Cardholders who deposit cash will see a tally of the denominations they inserted into the machine on their receipt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV