InfoComm Booth C-9131 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the industry-recognized market leader for enterprise video creation and
, today announced the latest version of Mediasite 7. Updates include a dynamic enterprise video portal and enhanced mobile capabilities.
Mediasite 7 is the most open and scalable enterprise video publishing and capture platform to date. Providing flexible publishing options and an expansion of our award-winning capture tools, the platform is designed to expand the reach and life of video content and ensure valuable knowledge-transfer is captured regardless of when or where it’s created.
New and enhanced features for flexible publishing include:
- Mediasite Showcase – An interactive video portal to curate, spotlight and share live and on-demand content. Showcase encourages content discovery with Mediasite’s powerful SmartSearch and social sharing. Its auto-curation workflows, channels, tagging and customizable layout enables users to quickly build their own enterprise YouTube. To experience Showcase first hand, visit sofo.mediasite.com/mediasite/showcase.A complement to Showcase, Mediasite’s enhanced mobile app allows users to browse, search and watch any Mediasite video or Showcase both on and off cellular networks. Download the app here.
- Online Video Sharing – One-click publishing to YouTube, iTunes and iTunes U, maximizes viewership. SEO-friendly Mediasite content exposes the right metadata to search engines, improving search results.
Mediasite 7 democratizes enterprise video with best-in-class capture tools, including:
- Mediasite Recorders – New capture-solution offerings, including the RL100 and MultiView, are the most automated to date. Our family of purpose-built appliances is designed for applications calling for anything from a single video channel to four concurrent HD content sources, dramatically expanding the reach of Mediasite in any enterprise video deployment.
- Video Conference Recording Service – Extends videoconference endpoint capabilities by seamlessly capturing, archiving, streaming and managing video meetings in the cloud.
- Mobile Upload – Capture video on any mobile device and upload to Mediasite for searchable, secure and managed content.
“Mediasite gives us the flexibility to capture anywhere – from standard classrooms to lecture halls and from desktops to mobile phones. It’s that holistic approach that will not only support us as we scale, but also ultimately meet the needs of our faculty and students,” said Joseph Collins, educational technical services manager, North Hennepin Community College.