COPPELL, Texas, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mannatech, Incorporated (NASDAQ: MTEX), the founder of the Mission 5 Million(SM) (M5M(SM)) Social Entrepreneurial movement, the pioneer of nutritional glycobiology and the leading innovator of naturally-sourced supplements based on Real Food Technology® solutions, announces today that is has no affiliation with a new company EMSquared, Inc., founded by Sam Caster who created Mannatech in 1993 and severed ties with the company in March 2014.
Other websites have mentioned Mannatech when discussing Caster and EMSquared, and one site incorrectly referred to EMSquared as a Mannatech spin-off.
On March 4, 2014, Mannatech issued a press release announcing that Caster had voluntarily chosen to end his consulting relationship with the company. "We want to be clear that there is no relationship between EMSquared and Mannatech," said Dr. Robert Sinnott, Mannatech CEO and Chief Science Officer.
"We are concerned that there could be confusion in the marketplace because both companies utilize the direct sales model for distribution and compensation and use a Social Entrepreneurship model to help nourish at-risk children around the world," said Dr. Sinnott. "Mannatech is a well-established 20- year-old public company that holds more than 90 patents and sells its products in 23 countries around the world.EMSquared is not a spin-off of Mannatech and, as a competitor, will not be able to sell products through Mannatech's established sales network." "We are also concerned because both EMSquared and Mannatech are focused on Social Entrepreneurship. "Our commitment to Social Entrepreneurship and Mission 5 Million (M5M) remains as strong as ever." Our commitment to Social Entrepreneurship and our Mission 5 Million (M5M) movement remains as strong as ever," said Dr. Sinnott. "We are looking for new ways to expand distribution of our Real Food Technology supplementation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV