HOUSTON, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass has added seven new members to its Dallas advisory board, adding their combined 175 years of experience to the 16-person board to support the bank's business and development efforts.
"We are thrilled to have this group of elite professionals join our board," said Key Coker, BBVA Compass Dallas market president. "The combined experience and areas of expertise truly creates a powerhouse to continue building our brand in the Dallas market."
The new members are:
- Robbie Briggs, the president and CEO of Briggs Freeman Sotheby's International Realty, a Dallas-based real estate firm. He has a master's degree in architecture from Tulane University.
- Russell Cleveland, the founder, president and CEO of RENN Capital Group Inc., a Dallas-based investment management firm. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, Cleveland has more than 45 years of experience in the investment business.
- Alan Halliburton, the founder and chairman of Halliburton Investor Relations, a consulting firm providing investor relations representation and communications services to public and private companies. Halliburton holds a bachelor's degree from Delta State University, a master's degree in business administration from Mississippi College, and a master's degree in international management studies from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Ralph Hawkins, the chairman of HKS Inc., an international architecture firm headquartered in Dallas. Hawkins has an undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Texas at Arlington, and master's degrees from Rice University and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Rob Hoffman, a partner at Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, a leading law firm in Texas, who has practiced law for more than 30 years and has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® for 2013-14. He earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a law degree from Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law.
- Tom Montgomery, a certified public accountant and managing partner of Montgomery Coscia Greilich LLP, the sixth-largest CPA firm in North Texas. He earned a Master of Science in accounting and taxation from Texas Tech University.
- Paul Stewart, an international business consultant and entrepreneur, president of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club, and former partner at the international law firm Baker & McKenzie. Stewart also is a former Pfizer executive, chairman of the Dallas Chapter of the World Presidents Organization and interim president of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. He has a bachelor's in American studies and a master's in humanities from Stanford University and a law degree from the School of Law at the University of Texas at Austin.
About BBVA GroupBBVA Compass is a subsidiary of BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBVA) (MAD: BBVA). BBVA is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. The Group has a solid position in Spain, is the largest financial institution in Mexico and has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt region of the United States. Its diversified business is geared toward high-growth markets and relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. Corporate responsibility is at the core of its business model. BBVA fosters financial education and inclusion, and supports scientific research and culture. It operates with the highest integrity, a long-term vision and applies the best practices. The Group is present in the main sustainability indexes. More information about the BBVA Group can be found at www.bbva.com . About BBVA Compass BBVA Compass is a Sunbelt-based financial institution that operates 684 branches, including 352 in Texas, 89 in Alabama, 78 in Arizona, 62 in California, 45 in Florida, 38 in Colorado and 20 in New Mexico. BBVA Compass ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share and ranks among the largest banks in Alabama (2nd), Texas (4th) and Arizona (5th). BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the leading small business lenders by the Small Business Administration and was recently awarded the 2013 Celent Model Bank Award for its new core banking platform. Additional information about BBVA Compass can be found at www.bbvacompass.com, by following @BBVACompassNews on Twitter or visiting newsroom.bbvacompass.com. Editor's Note: BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank. Member FDIC. SOURCE BBVA Compass