3 Stocks Improving Performance Of The Diversified Services Industry
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 156.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.66 million to -$19.63 million.
- The gross profit margin for UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -22.15% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.32 million or 135.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 62.98%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 175.67% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITEK GLOBAL SERVICES INC reported poor results of -$2.65 versus -$2.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.99 versus -$2.65).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.