NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Leucadia National Corp. (LUK) closed higher by 1.41% to $26.53 on Tuesday after the holding company announced its largest business, Jefferies Group LLC (JEF), reported a 55% rise in quarterly profit for the 2014 second quarter.
For the most recent quarter the securities firm reported net earnings of $61.3 million, compared to $39.5 million for the year ago quarter.
Net revenue increased 9.8% to $723 million, from $658 million for the 2013 second quarter.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV