Here's What Some Experts Think About Today's Volatile Stock Market
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This year has been a hard time for weary investors. They have been holding back on making big stock decisions this year.
Well, now is the time to pay attention to risk factors such as equity volume drop and volatility in the markets being on the rise. When it comes to challenges, there are still economic and global indicators affecting the current market, most recently the World Bank cutting its global growth forecast last week, prompting markets to fall.
What do traders, brokers and people in the market think about stocks rise and fall?
Are we in a schizo market?
Anthony Grisanti, investor, trader at Futures Now and GRZ Energy
Kenny Polcari, NYSE institutional broker, CNBC market analyst
Marco G Pietropoli, wealth manager at RM Wealth Management
Steven Schoenfeld, private investor in asset allocation, indexing, ETFs, Israel and emerging markets
Fred Cowans, chairman and CEO of Wescow
Equity market volatility is back. Stock prices have had a "rise and fall" effect for investors since the 2008 economic crisis.
(VIX.X), Wall Street's "fear gauge," recently fell to its lowest level since before the financial crisis, which raises red flags for investors. CNNMoney's Fear & Greed index, based on the VIX and several other measures, indicates "extreme greed" in the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV