NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says he might be getting off the Tesla (TSLA) horse. Anton Wahlman, who introduced him to the concept of why Tesla was so great, said BMW could eventually put pressure on the electric car maker.
Cramer says the whole story about Tesla is that there is not going to be pressure from anywhere. The idea that a competitor could emerge made him think perhaps the Tesla trade was not for him; however, he is not saying it is over yet.
Cramer says he is tired of getting behind stocks, having a huge move and then not saying that is enough for him. He liked Tesla at $50 and at $200, and the latter might be enough for him. He does not want to be involved with the cult stocks because too much money was lost from March to May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV