Sunetric, a wholly-owned subsidiary of RGS Energy, deployed a 198.8 kW photovoltaic system at a popular beachfront resort on the island of Kauai. All of the power generated by the system is used by the resort, and avoids flowing energy back into the grid.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates REAL GOODS SOLAR INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate REAL GOODS SOLAR INC (RGSE) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 290.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.79 million to -$14.83 million.
- The gross profit margin for REAL GOODS SOLAR INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.43%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -66.96% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.05 million or 103.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of REAL GOODS SOLAR INC has not done very well: it is down 23.73% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, REAL GOODS SOLAR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RGSE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts