YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF) Is Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified YPF Sociedad Anonima as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YPF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.8 million.
- YPF has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- YPF is up 3.1% today.
- YPF was down 11.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YPF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YPF NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on YPF: YPF Sociedad Anonima, an energy company, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in Argentina. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. YPF has a PE ratio of 16.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate YPF Sociedad Anonima a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for YPF Sociedad Anonima has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. YPF Sociedad Anonima has a market cap of $13.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 12% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates YPF Sociedad Anonima as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YPF's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.03% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 124.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YPF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 37.26% is the gross profit margin for YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.39% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 47.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $245.81 million to $363.01 million.
- You can view the full YPF Sociedad Anonima Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV