Regions announced Monday it had created a General Bank, which consists of "businesses that serve retail, wealth management, and small business customers," and a General Bank, which consists of "the businesses that serve middle-market and larger commercial clients," according to the company's statement.
John Owen, Head of Business Lines, will be the head of the General Bank, while South Region President John Turner will be head of the Corporate Bank. Unrelated to these changes, John Asbury, who previously led the Business Services Group, resigned because of family matters that require relocation.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
"This realignment creates a more streamlined structure at the top of the company and is a more effective model for executing our strategy, managing our performance and serving our customers," said Grayson Hall, Regions Chairman, President and CEO. "We appreciate John Asbury's leadership and six years of service to our company, and we understand and respect his decision." The stock was up 1.89% to $10.79 at 12:17 p.m. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP (RF) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The gross profit margin for REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 93.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.89% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.78 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.78).
- RF, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $335.00 million to $319.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RF Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV