NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of BTU International
(BTUI - Get Report) are up 26.45% to $3.49 after the company raised revenue guidance for the second quarter of 2014 to a range of $16 million to $17 million from the prior estimate of $14 million to $15 million.
BTU International is scheduled to report its second quarter 2014 financial results on July 29.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BTU INTERNATIONAL INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BTU INTERNATIONAL INC (BTUI) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, BTU INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.70 million or 56.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- BTU INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 42.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BTU INTERNATIONAL INC reported poor results of -$1.21 versus -$1.16 in the prior year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BTUI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.72 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- 38.34% is the gross profit margin for BTU INTERNATIONAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -15.28% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BTUI Ratings Report