The stock was down 0.85% to $38.33 in pre-market trading on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- BRCM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, BRCM has a quick ratio of 2.30, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.18% to $606.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BROADCOM CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.17%.
- The gross profit margin for BROADCOM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.54%. Regardless of BRCM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BRCM's net profit margin of 8.31% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- BROADCOM CORP's earnings per share declined by 15.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BROADCOM CORP reported lower earnings of $0.74 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.53 versus $0.74).
- BRCM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BRCM Ratings Report