ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced that Vitamix , a world leader in high-performance blending equipment for home and commercial use, is using ServiceNow software-as-a-service to automate services within IT and across the business to accelerate growth.
As Vitamix grows operations, the company is continually looking for more efficient ways to scale and automate the many enterprise services that support its business. This includes IT operations, onboarding employees, production maintenance and facilities management. In the past, employees relied on email, SharePoint and other systems that were not integrated or automated for service delivery.
Vitamix began using ServiceNow to create a single system of record for IT to automate tasks and standardize processes. The company introduced incident management and a new self-service portal, incorporating service catalog and knowledge base. Vitamix then extended capabilities into the following areas:
- Human Resources — The IT team at Vitamix worked with the HR team to develop a collection of catalog items to automate processes across the entire employee lifecycle—from onboarding to separation. Hiring managers leverage the self-service portal to request equipment for new hires and initiate other key processes. A knowledge base of how-to articles gives new employees faster access to resources they need such as how to use their computers, reserve conference rooms, request time off and reset their passwords.
- Operations Maintenance — The IT team extended the service catalog to manage and automate maintenance incidents and requests across its manufacturing facilities. Monthly analytics reports help the team track performance down to individual manufacturing lines, devices and stations, streamlining communications between the product support and manufacturing teams. Automating what once were manual tasks has resulted in significant gains in manufacturing efficiencies.
- Facilities and Space Management — The IT team created catalog items to automate the workflows associated with common facilities tasks such as scheduling campus-wide events and employee moves as well as using the Facilities plug-in to manage work orders for housekeeping and maintenance activities.
“The biggest impact of using ServiceNow is that many of Vitamix’s repetitive tasks are now automated and streamlined, allowing our business users to deliver more strategic impact,” said Heather Brizzi, service desk manager, Vitamix. “As a company that manufactures high-performance products, we are driven to achieve high performance in our operations—especially in the way we get work done. With ServiceNow, our IT team is helping Vitamix achieve that goal.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts