BLUE BELL, Pa., June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced 12 models of its flagship ClearPath systems using an advanced fabric architecture based on industry-standard Intel ® Xeon ® family processors. The new systems provide ClearPath clients with greater power and flexibility for their mission-critical applications in a modern and highly secure environment.
Continuing the ongoing evolution of the ClearPath family to an open architecture based on Intel x86 processors, the new models outperform predecessor ClearPath models based on CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) processors.
The software-based "fabric" architecture in the new models connects computing resources and components through high-speed interconnects, enabling organizations to create systems of exceptional scalability and power. The architecture, using Unisys secure partitioning (s-Par ®) technology, provides a common platform for clients to securely run their ClearPath applications alongside Linux and Windows applications.
The following are the new additions to the Unisys ClearPath line:
- Dorado systems. Based on the ClearPath OS 2200 operating environment, the new high-end 6380/6390, mid-range 4380/4390 and entry-level 4350/4370 models deliver up to four times the input/output performance of comparable CMOS-based predecessors while using 90 percent fewer I/O processors.*
- Libra systems . Based on the ClearPath MCP operating environment, the high-end 8380/8390 and 6380/6390 and the mid-range 4380/4390 models top the computing performance of CMOS-based predecessors by up to 55 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV