CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:MACK) today announced that results of the successful Phase 3 NAPOLI-1 study in metastatic pancreatic cancer will be communicated in an oral presentation at the European Society for Medical Oncology 16 th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer (ESMO GI) held from June 25th to 28th, 2014 at The International Convention Center of Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain. The data will be presented by Andrea Wang-Gillam, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, and the co-chair of the steering committee for the NAPOLI-1 study. The presentation will include additional efficacy and safety data from the three arm study of MM-398, a nanoliposomal irinotecan, in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer who have received prior gemcitabine-based therapy.
"We are honored that the findings of MM-398 in combination with 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in patients with post-gemcitabine pancreatic cancer from our NAPOLI-1 study have been accepted for oral presentation at ESMO GI," said Eliel Bayever, M.D., Vice President of Clinical Development at Merrimack. "We look forward to updating the medical oncology community with more comprehensive results of our study in treating this devastating disease. We are especially grateful to the patients, their families and caregivers, the investigators, and the research community for their commitment to this important study."
- NAPOLI-1: Randomized Phase 3 Study of MM-398 (nal-IRI), with or without 5-Fluorouracil and Leucovorin, versus 5-Fluorouracil and Leucovorin, in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer Progressed on or Following Gemcitabine-based Therapy (Abstract #O-0003) Session II: Cancer of the pancreas and bile ducts Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 5:00 p.m. CEST Poster viewing time: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 10:30-11:00 a.m. and 4:30-5:00 p.m. CEST CCIB, Exhibit Hall
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV