NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG - Get Report) stock has been upgraded to "buy" from "hold," Jefferies said Tuesday. The firm said the revision was driven by improving commodity outlook for forward power prices. A $44 price target was allocated.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
--------------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC (PEG) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- PEG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,116.00 million or 27.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.03%.
- PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC has improved earnings per share by 20.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC reported lower earnings of $2.45 versus $2.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.75 versus $2.45).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PEG Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts