- ASV increased $12.3 million, up 7% organically
- Adjusted EPS rose 11% to $1.25
- Free cash flow generation was $91 million
- FactSet names 18-year veteran, Phil Snow, as President
NORWALK, Conn., June 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated global financial information and analytical applications to the investment community, today announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014.
For the quarter ended May 31, 2014, revenues advanced to $231.8 million, up 8% over the prior year. Included in this total was $3.7 million from acquisitions completed since June 2013. Operating income was $73.0 million compared to $71.6 million in the year ago quarter. Net income was $51.5 million versus $53.4 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share was $1.21 compared to $1.20 in the same period of fiscal 2013.
Adjusted operating income for the quarter increased 6% over the prior year. Adjusted operating income excludes a non-cash pre-tax charge of $1.4 million related to vesting of performance-based options in connection with StreetAccount and a $1.6 million pre-tax legal charge primarily from settling a claim. Adjusted net income rose 6% and excludes the after-tax stock-based compensation charge of $1.0 million, the after-tax legal charge of $1.1 million and $0.6 million in income tax benefits from finalizing prior years' tax returns. Adjusted net income in the year ago quarter excludes income tax benefits of $3.3 million related to the U.S. Federal R&D tax credit and finalizing prior years' tax returns.Adjusted diluted EPS grew 11% to $1.25. The fiscal 2014 third quarter adjusted diluted EPS of $1.25 excludes $0.02 from stock-based compensation, $0.03 from a legal charge primarily to settle a claim and $0.01 in income tax benefits. Prior year adjusted diluted EPS of $1.13 excludes income tax benefits of $0.07 per share from the U.S. Federal R&D tax credit and finalizing prior years' tax returns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV